Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sweet baby Adalyn

Sweet little Adalyn Jean at 5 months old earned her angel wings on December 9, 2011. She was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 2 1/2 months ago when getting admitted into the hospital for being lethargic and limp. After numerous tests and long weeks of waiting, doctors discovered she had a metabolic issue that was causing all of this. Although her life was a short 5 months here on earth, those 5 months were long enough for this little girl to leave such a huge impact here on earth. Family, friends, and even strangers put forth their faith and prayed for this tiny little beam of light. She fought hard, and her parents stood by her the entire time. I can say I feel very blessed to have been able to have this family in my life, her mother being one of my close friends. With my own son being diagnosed with a fatal/severe heart defect, I thought I was strong for what god laid before me, but I don't think I could ever be as strong as my dear friend Courtney. She's an inspiration and I hope prayers help give her strength to survive the long road that she and her husband have ahead of them in healing. God bless the Spence family and may Adalyn rest in god's hands now.

Adalyn Jean Spence
(July 9, 2011 - December 9, 2011)


"When tomorrow starts without me, and I’m not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn’t cry the way you did today,
while thinking of the many things we didn’t get to say.
I know how much you care for me, and how much I care for you,
and each time that you think of me I know you’ll miss me too;

So when tomorrow starts without me, don’t think we’re far apart,
for every time you think of me, please know I’m in your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment