Friday, November 25, 2011

Sleeping Training update - Day 5

Day 2 of sleep training....
Daylen went to bed at 8pm, with his new bed time routine, and slept straight through the night until 7 am! That is 11 hours of sleep on just the second day! Keep in mind, he also had 2 day time naps! :) Where was the book like 9 months ago?!!!!

Day 3 of sleep training....
Daylen spent the night with his grandma and he had trouble going down. Not sure if it was because he was at her house and he loves to play! He didn't go down til 930 officially after waking up twice after she put him to bed! I agreed to 1 bottle since he really didn't take his bottle during his routine. She then reported to me that he had woken up at 2 am so she sat with him and let him work out crying and she was there to calm him. He was then up at 5 am and read to play. All in all, not as good as I hoped, but I'm guessing its because he was at his Grandma's house :)

Day 4 of sleep training....
Daylen went down around 9pm..later than what the book says to put him down at, but this time he cried a little more than usual. He also had a nap around 5pm prior to this which threw off his bed time for him. Daylen decided that banging his head against the crib, and crying was the best thing to do in front of me so I kissed him good night and left the room. This seemed to do the trick although the book strongly recommends not leaving in the middle of them crying because they feel alone...I couldn't just watch him bang his head trying to get a reaction from me! He slept the through the night again and woke up at 7 am :)

Day 5 of sleep training....
Daylen had 2 naps, one in the morning and one in the evening and finally went to bed at 830pm. I rocked him while he drank his bottle and after we played with his feel a little and we laughed :) I then told him it was "night-night" time and he agreed to it! He didn't cry, bang his head, or throw things out of his crib. I gave him his teddy and covered him up and he just smiled! After I left the room I heard him giggling and calling for "da-da" but this only lasted for a few minutes and now he is sound asleep!


I really recommend this book to anyone and everyone! This book makes it seem so easy and I can't believe i've been missing out on sleep that I coulda had!

No comments:

Post a Comment