Wednesday, October 6, 2010

PICU Tour

Today we had the chance to take a tour of the PICU over in the Peyton Manning's Children Hospital at St. Vincent. While in the PICU, we caught a glimpse of a newly born HLHS baby right after surgery. The amount of tubes and IV's that were hanging out of this baby was really overwhelming to see. I have never seen so many tubes coming out of such a little person! I am not really sure if I am ready to see that on my own baby. It's a sad sight.

When Daylen goes into the PICU after surgery, only two people will be allowed at a time to see him, and unfortunately for friends and extended family, only the parents of Dave and I will be able to see him while he's in the PICU. The PICU stay is anywhere up to 10 days. After this, he will be moved back to the NICU for the rest of his recovery where a selected number of friends and family can come see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment