Monday, March 28, 2011

Home sweet home!

It's soooo good to be home! Best feeling ever to step inside of the door, lay on my own couch, and YES - use my OWN bathroom and shower! I also get to hold my baby without any wires or tubes!! Daylen is back to his normal self with his little at-home attitude! He thinks he runs this place ;) but maybe he does?

I'm so happy to know we won't have to be back at the hospital (only for cardio visits and caths for progress) until next year for his fontan! As much as that place can be happy looking - it is a sad depressing place with all those sick children having surgery or going through chemo therapy. I can't count how many times we heard screaming children next to us or down the hall. It breaks my heart :(

Seeing him this past week has put a few thoughts into my head about how next year will go with the Fontan surgery........but I will stress about that later! :)


**
A few other things on my mind as we were able to go home - a sweet little girl named Aly who had her Fontan surgery today and she rocked it! Also, precious little warrior on my mind daily, Dylan who is growing and getting strong to complete his norwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment